TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:12 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:40 am 

As title,
I have a full set of Leda (25 point bump/rebound) adjustables for sale.
Coil-over front with 550lb helper springs/300lb main springs, rears are standard location with progressive rate springs, complete with (standard) top mounts and adjuster "C" spanner for the coilovers.

The springs are all Eibach, the front coilovers also have proper adjustable camber bolts.

They have been used on approximately 5 forest events from new and are in perfect working order.
This set-up cost £1800 new! (I have the receipt).
Change of plans forces sale.
Bargain £700 ovno plus postage or collect.

Last edited by swiftmotorsport on Thu May 10, 2012 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:21 am 
Teamswift Racer

:shock: moving into a faster car Andy?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:02 am 

No not changing cars, I'm about to re-shell the rally car as it's getting to much 1990's Japanese tinworm and this set-up was going to be my forest suspension, but I'm going to keep the car as tarmac spec.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:12 pm 
@ssclown

very interesting (and interested) but also very expensive (over $1200 CAD)

GLWS

Will

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:04 pm 

Expensive yes when compared to Koni's, however you can't compare these to Koni's, they are miles apart in build quality, adjustability (i.e you don't have to remove them to adjust) and they are proper competition units not fast road items.
They cost £1800 new (I have the receipt).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:07 am 
Teamswift Racer

swiftmotorsport wrote:
Expensive yes when compared to Koni's

All depends what Koni's you are comparing them to... Koni also do monotube race shocks similar to Penske and Ohlins, Koni's F1 record is very impressive, so peeps have to remember the swift koni sport is at the budget end of the shock spectrum, basically you get what you pay for with shocks, no real way to cut corners and this is a good deal, certainly can't get a set of Bilsteins for that price!

Andy I'm presuming the rears are a smaller diametre than your tarmac coil overs? so no need to bore out the clamp on the hub?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:59 am 

That's right, they fit all the standard mounting points so a simple change over.
As I mentioned earlier I'm building the new shell just for tarmac rallying, so this set-up is for sale, plus I could do with recouping the money to pay for the new cage + fitting. I'm going the full way with the cage this time, almost WRC spec and made from T45 steel.
http://www.customcages.co.uk/Rollcage/L ... Multipoint

Not cheap but hell of a cage, I'm re-shelling into a 2002 shell so the Swift will be able to play for many years to come!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:49 am 
Teamswift Racer

Nice, I used a 98 shell which was the last year out of japan, 45k on the clock and it was super clean and tight and because the model ran from 89 I'm elligible for classic racing as well :lol:
With your car being tarmac only it will stay looking nice for many years, guess you're planning on keeping it a while then =)

Cage looks strong although very top heavy, I would ditch one roof bar and one diagonal from the navigators side and move the navigator back under the main hoop for protection and this will help keep the CG down, oh and some extra bracing for the rear turrets due to coil overs, which I'm sure you were going to do anyway 8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:47 am 

All the points above are duly noted, I think I'm taking the whole cg thing to seriously as I'm even going to mount the intercom on the trans tunnel!
I'm in the process of fully seam welding the shell (the old car was only part done) and I'm going to add some extra bracing to the front wishbone forward mounts.
Also as I'm getting old now :? I'm fitting elec/hyd power steering from a Citroen Saxo (remote pump where the heater box used to be) and the power rack that was on the car.
Hopefully I'll have the car finished by June as that's when the next round of the Nat Asphalt Championship that I planned to do is.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:08 am 

NOW SOLD