TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:55 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:18 pm 

im looking for a new intake manfold n maybe throttle body?? idk not sure, but idk what ones are the best for my 1.3 metro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:23 pm 

Pick up an esteem 1.6 tb. Don't worry about the manifold.

too many others to list

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:38 pm 

whould u know a website?? if posible

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:42 pm 

sweetnlow wrote:
im looking for a new intake manfold n maybe throttle body?? idk not sure, but idk what ones are the best for my 1.3 metro

Your intake manifold is already designed for maximum flow. It's simlilar to the suzuki cultus intake. But a restriction is the stock throttle body it was just designed for fuel economy. What you can do is bore out your throttle body intake with a machine and port match the intake hole on your intake side. I've done mine to 55mm, but I only have the 50mm throttle body [from suzuki esteem] on there now as the one I hooked up did not have a perfect seal and so my idle speed was like at 2K lol.
Suzuki RD sells bigger ones, also there is a website called maxbore which does a more professional job than what I tried to do at home.

Silver 2000 Firefly 4DR; 16V SOHC, 3 to 5 speed swap, install PS and AC, remote and auto start, PL, PW, kill and start switch, Valentine 1, behind-bumper CAI, 55MM TB with coolant-bypass, polyurethane-fill engine/shifter mounts, modified to short shifter, upgraded electrical system, CS130 alternator, 90/160W headlights + relay mod, ceramic H4 plug/harness
To do: finish stereo, 4000K H4 HIDs, short block replacement
'sponsored' by Captain Crunch, Lordco, Felpro, Permatex, Royal Purple

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:29 am 

soo i should just get mine t.b. sent to that place? n they hollow it out?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:39 am 

The only similarities between that intake and the Cultus intake is that they're both made of steel. The Esteem TB is 45 not 50.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:22 pm 

I used to run a 60mm TB on my '00 Lsi :twisted: It ran very nice. Guess you could search for my old posts if they are still on the forum. I recall I did post a lot of info on what I did to make it fit and function. It took a lot of grinding on the TB flange and I also ground down the bumps in the runners right at the head flange. Mike can set you up with the hardware. I sold my last 60mm TB a year ago I believe. Nothing but the memories left :razz:

Mike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:13 am 

WE0H wrote:
I used to run a 60mm TB on my '00 Lsi :twisted: It ran very nice. Guess you could search for my old posts if they are still on the forum. I recall I did post a lot of info on what I did to make it fit and function. It took a lot of grinding on the TB flange and I also ground down the bumps in the runners right at the head flange. Mike can set you up with the hardware. I sold my last 60mm TB a year ago I believe. Nothing but the memories left :razz:

Mike

yes but all your old photos are broken. do you think you could go back and fix them ?

Silver 2000 Firefly 4DR; 16V SOHC, 3 to 5 speed swap, install PS and AC, remote and auto start, PL, PW, kill and start switch, Valentine 1, behind-bumper CAI, 55MM TB with coolant-bypass, polyurethane-fill engine/shifter mounts, modified to short shifter, upgraded electrical system, CS130 alternator, 90/160W headlights + relay mod, ceramic H4 plug/harness
To do: finish stereo, 4000K H4 HIDs, short block replacement
'sponsored' by Captain Crunch, Lordco, Felpro, Permatex, Royal Purple

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:14 pm 

well make another 60mm tb n ill buy it:)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:45 pm 

I just got done searching my drives here and found those pictures must be on an old drive which I no longer have or it's buried somewhere. It appears this forum went thru a server change or something since my original posts and the uploaded pictures got deleted but the posts were moved over. The last I knew my old '00 Metro was owned by a fellow in Southern Minnesota. I don't know if he is on this forum or not. He used to email me every so often with updates or pictures of the car but I haven't seen an email in a few years and don't remember who he is. About the best advice I can give is call Mike Cove up and see what he can help with.

As far as old parts, I sold off the other 60mm TB last year I believe to someone on this forum. I believe it went to Washington state or Oregon. The Pacific NW anyhow. I have left a stock 16v SOHC cam, a stock set of injectors, fuel rail with harness, and one set of rear stainless braided brake lines left over from the Paragon Performance braided brake line build. There are a couple TB's on the shelf but they are not 60mm and I don't know exactly what I did to make the Nissan TB's fit the 16v SOHC intake, TPS, throttle cable & idle control. It was all hand made parts and mods to make it fit & function. It sure fit and functioned nice though :razz:

Mike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:55 pm 

WE0H wrote:
I just got done searching my drives here and found those pictures must be on an old drive which I no longer have or it's buried somewhere. It appears this forum went thru a server change or something since my original posts and the uploaded pictures got deleted but the posts were moved over. The last I knew my old '00 Metro was owned by a fellow in Southern Minnesota. I don't know if he is on this forum or not. He used to email me every so often with updates or pictures of the car but I haven't seen an email in a few years and don't remember who he is. About the best advice I can give is call Mike Cove up and see what he can help with.

As far as old parts, I sold off the other 60mm TB last year I believe to someone on this forum. I believe it went to Washington state or Oregon. The Pacific NW anyhow. I have left a stock 16v SOHC cam, a stock set of injectors, fuel rail with harness, and one set of rear stainless braided brake lines left over from the Paragon Performance braided brake line build. There are a couple TB's on the shelf but they are not 60mm and I don't know exactly what I did to make the Nissan TB's fit the 16v SOHC intake, TPS, throttle cable & idle control. It was all hand made parts and mods to make it fit & function. It sure fit and functioned nice though :razz:

Mike

how bout them brake lines?? post pic? ill pick em up if there nice :)
my shit leaks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:03 pm 

sweetnlow wrote:
how bout them brake lines?? post pic? ill pick em up if there nice :)
my shit leaks

I will post pics before dinner time. I have to eat lunch and pick my son up at school then I can get the pics taken and posted. They are DOT certified in case you are wondering.

Mike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:12 pm 

what do u mean??

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:52 pm 

Here are the brand new unused 95-01 Metro rear brake lines made by Paragon Performance in California. Both are 14.5" long Teflon lined stainless braid.

Let me know if your interested $59.00 shipped to US or Canadian address's. Paragon Performance sells front sets separately.
http://www.paragonperformance.com/chevymetro.html

Mike