TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:55 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:32 am 

I just bought a Suzuki Swift GT it is a awesome little car. I am averaging 38.5 mpg in it. Well I'll be posting pics up and documenting some repairs I will be making such as rusty rocker replacement. Thanks Danny Rossa

Last edited by Dannyrossa on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:26 pm 

Awesome, welcome!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:51 pm 

Thanks, can someone recommend a good source for parts I am looking to start off with the basics like a tune up, timing belt my local parts suppliers do not stock parts for this car and I can't seem to find a good on line source and my local dealer is of no help...I been finding miscalaneous interior trim peices that were missing on eBay, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:40 pm 

www.rockauto.com

Google search, and you can usually find a discount code. My last code expired or I'd offer it up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:46 pm 

Thanks for the information on rock auto my car just threw me 5 flashes pause and 1 flash a code 51 says make sure the prom and mem cal are properly installed has anyone ever delt with this code ? 1994 Suzuki swift gt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:47 pm 

51 = EGR :huh:
unless its a california model it shouldn't have an egr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:20 pm 

Thanks for all the helpful responses! Here is a pic of the swift in my garage. This little car is amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:04 am 

Wow, nice year and color. Seems alot of us like that combo. Oh and I'm lucky enough to have a California GT! Which sounds good but it's actually got the EGR :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:12 pm 

T Bell wrote:
Wow, nice year and color. Seems alot of us like that combo. Oh and I'm lucky enough to have a California GT! Which sounds good but it's actually got the EGR :roll:

The "Suzuki swift California GT" it does sound exotic!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:38 pm 

I dove this car to New Hampshire it just averaged 46 mpg amazing!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:33 pm 

Dannyrossa wrote:
Thanks for all the helpful responses! Here is a pic of the swift in my garage. This little car is amazing.

looks really great !

Silver 2000 Firefly 4DR; 16V SOHC, 3 to 5 speed swap, install PS and AC, remote and auto start, PL, PW, kill and start switch, Valentine 1, behind-bumper CAI, 55MM TB with coolant-bypass, polyurethane-fill engine/shifter mounts, modified to short shifter, upgraded electrical system, CS130 alternator, 90/160W headlights + relay mod, ceramic H4 plug/harness
To do: finish stereo, 4000K H4 HIDs, short block replacement
'sponsored' by Captain Crunch, Lordco, Felpro, Permatex, Royal Purple

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:59 pm 

46 mpg!!!!! Wow. I think it's a fluke but if it isn't, that's great. I can't get mine past 35mpg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:01 pm 

Not a fluke really she really did it, it was all highway going at 55-60 mph I have been driving slow to see how much fuel I can conserve also I had a single chamber flowmaster installed because it was the Only muffler that I could find to fit, way to loud anything over 3000 rpm is deafening. Getting ready to change timing belt spark plugs wires and rotor. Here a picture of her jacked up prepped and ready for surgery. And a picture of the infamous single chamber muffler and the repair that the previous owner to the exhaust It is what prompted me to change the exhaust. Well I am looking for a quieter system.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:42 pm 

i'd save that muffler and list it in the for sale thread after you find a replacement. :!:

Silver 2000 Firefly 4DR; 16V SOHC, 3 to 5 speed swap, install PS and AC, remote and auto start, PL, PW, kill and start switch, Valentine 1, behind-bumper CAI, 55MM TB with coolant-bypass, polyurethane-fill engine/shifter mounts, modified to short shifter, upgraded electrical system, CS130 alternator, 90/160W headlights + relay mod, ceramic H4 plug/harness

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:39 am 

And guess who has the 51 dtc now. Time to check my egr (since I have the California GT :lol: ).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:22 am 

Yes my light keeps comes and goes and still throws me the code, good luck with yours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:42 pm 

Dannyrossa wrote:
Not a fluke really she really did it, it was all highway going at 55-60 mph I have been driving slow to see how much fuel I can conserve also I had a single chamber flowmaster installed because it was the Only muffler that I could find to fit, way to loud anything over 3000 rpm is deafening. Getting ready to change timing belt spark plugs wires and rotor. Here a picture of her jacked up prepped and ready for surgery. And a picture of the infamous single chamber muffler and the repair that the previous owner to the exhaust It is what prompted me to change the exhaust. Well I am looking for a quieter system.

read this post and below...
viewtopic.php?p=382248#p382248
cause' your swift would look great with some black headlight covers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:36 pm 

TheSilverBullet wrote:
Dannyrossa wrote:

read this post and below...
viewtopic.php?p=382248#p382248
cause' your swift would look great with some black headlight covers.

Thanks for the link that was a very interesting thread, I do like the black out headlight covers, maybe I'll "murder out" my little swift.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:16 pm 

I had a slow leak on one of my tires. I was dreading going to the tire shop and having them fix the flat...you know the waiting, telling how to properly jack the and not over torque the lug nuts them looking at me like those things matter...I went on Craiglist and found some neat tires and wheels with the correct bolt pattern tires all matching and in great shape. Here is how the car looks.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:07 pm 

Nice!!!! I bet yours gets more looks than the mustang

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:07 pm 

it could really use a buffing on that paint job

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:08 am 

TheSilverBullet wrote:
it could really use a buffing on that paint job

I agree, however before the buffer gets the polishing pad it will need to get a sanding disk. What you can't see is the mangled driver door, fender and the rusted out rocker panels. I will be addressing these issues in the near future. I have the fender, I can pull and smooth the dents from the door and weld in some new rockers. All I need is time. I have her up on stands doing the brakes rotors are rusted on lost patience....I'll tackle it again soon!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:52 pm 

Hey looks great, Any updates? I just picked up my first swift gt on sunday. im also in CT!