TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:03 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:18 pm 

can i still get a deal on i chip??

shipping to mission bc canada.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:55 pm 

Finally got my ECU out of the stock location....dang that was a task...took me about an hour! Last night I desoldered the oem chip and offered the socket onto it. Tonight I'll solder it in and put in the TOMS II chip since I am on the cultus cams atm.

2010 Suzuki Jimny - The DD Workhorse!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:52 pm 

I've allready ordered one and now I'm reading something about ''soldering in a socket'' ? Please explain what's involved in the installation of these chips.

Ken.....

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:48 am 

91 ragtop wrote:
I've allready ordered one and now I'm reading something about ''soldering in a socket'' ? Please explain what's involved in the installation of these chips.

Ken.....

You have to of course remove the oem chip which is soldered directly to the circuitboard. For many of us, we always add/remove stuff from our engines to play around with what setup is best. Since swifty92 offers different chips, plus those that are out there...garndi, toms etc its easier to solder in a 28pin socket so that in the future, removing/installing chips is as simple as pulling one out and plugging another into the socket.

2010 Suzuki Jimny - The DD Workhorse!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:57 pm 

Installed the Toms II chip today as I finally finished socketing my board, ended up cutting out the old chip instead of desoldering, due to the crappy ass pump I bought from the source. Oh well, it's a spare ecu anyways. The chip pulls hard! Noticeable difference from stock, will let you guys know how I feel about the 210/340 chip as I will be putting that in along with a set of 200/335 intake and 210/340 exh cams and an under drive pulley from Mike next week.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:44 pm 

thanks for the update...always enjoy reading the great reviews as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:05 am 

So I finally got around to posting my second review for the 210/340 chip lol...honestly, if your buying the 200/335 intake and 210/340 exh cams or 210/340 int and exh cams...the chip is a must have, without it you feel robbed of what the cams truly do to your powerband. So thats two tumbs up, now if I could just get my hands on some cultus pistons...

P.S. I never installed the underdrive-pully as I thought the harmonic balancer was located on the shaft itself... silly me...and this is my daily driver/only car, so if anyone is interested in a UD Pully + Belt or a Toms II Chip send me a PM.