TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:48 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:20 pm 

As soon as I get the chance I'll tear into my ECU, and I'll pm you what I find. :)

J. McBean: '98 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk5" Made in Canada
The Mini Rattler: '94 Suzuki Swift .993L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk3" Made in Canada *The Winter Beater*
B. Berry: '90 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint 1.0L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk2" Made in Japan

I got 18MPG in a 3cyl with a 5 speed manual 4dr, '93 Metro! :yeahyeah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:22 am 

Spanish Inquisition Racing is moving to Hawaii.

As a result, I will be away from my burner for about a month and a half :(

I still have a bunch of blanks ready to burn though, so as soon as I am set up in our new location I will let everyone know 8)

Spanish Inquisition Racing chip burning service--build yourself a custom chip!
http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=57216

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:59 pm 

Ever get any info for the G10's? I'd love to hit 8000 in my metro. So what would I need to get to run a cpu and tune a chip in a G10? Wideband o2? Never had to chip tune a car.

I think since I have an extra cam lay'n around I will send it off to mike here shortly and get it reground for 210/340. Info on chip tuning would be cool. So someone can get chips for the g10's. Since it seems people want them around here. I.E. Me being one of them :P

1996 Geo Tracker 1.6l 16v 4cyl 1590cc (Daily)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:16 pm 

Bigbadmonster: The G10 ECUs are tuneable, just like the G13B.

I haven't offered G10 chips because I don't have a G10 car to tune so that I can offer a known product. In order to tune your G10 car you need to:

1. Learn to use Tunerpro free tuning software (Google it...)

You want to learn the software and get an idea of how it works so you have an idea of what you want to do with the tune (and what can be done) before you start. Otherwise there's not much point in spending all the time and money to go to the next steps. I can send you the .xdf files and .bin files you need to manipulate the tune, but I'm not sure how universal they are to all G10 cars. The important stuff (ignition and fuel maps) are likely the same but there's no guarantee that you will be able to do everything you hope to do, at least not without digging through the code to find some things. Open the .bin with the .xdf and find the things you want to change. Look at the existing maps and get a sense for how all the tables work together. Some day, I'll get my own G10 car, but I'm not shipping one back from Hawaii, so don't hold your breath (we'll be here for 2 years).

2. Purchase and install a wideband O2 sensor and gauge.

3. Remove the OEM eprom VERY CAREFULLY and socket the ECU. If you don't want to buy and learn how to use a burner at this point, you might want to send your chip to me so I can pull a stock base tune for you that is known to be correct--the .bin I have should work, but there are no guarantees.

4. Purchase and install a Moates Ostrich emulator (Google it...)

A special version of Tunerpro (RT) talks to the Ostrich through your laptop. At this point have an assistant drive the car while you watch the wideband numbers and change the values in the cells richer or leaner until you see the numbers you want on the wideband--you will want to disable closed loop operation (not sure if this is possible on G10 ecu...) at least temporarily. You can also likely guess at adding a bit more advance in the ignition tables. If you want to really do it right, take your car to a dyno and do this all on the dyno with an experienced tuner.

Once you've done all that, you'll have a .bin in your Ostrich that is perfect for your car and it's mods. I can burn it to a chip for you and then you can use the Ostrich to tune another car, sell it, or whatever.

You could also sell your tune to others with the same ecu at this point--I'd be happy to pay you "royalties" on the thousands of chips you'll sell if you want to work with me for "mass production" :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:07 am 

Could you sell me a toms chip for f5 ecu?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:36 pm 

"Out of the office" update.

I will be unable to burn more chips until the second week of August.

Thanks for your patience.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:14 pm 

Just came here to say thanks for all the support Teeth gave me from the start answering carefully to all my questions and doubts and for the shipping to europe that went perfect

I still don't have the cams installed because i wanted to install a bigger throttle body at first, so i will end up here latter on again, but even without them i could feel and even hear the difference
Car drives super smooth specialy in low rpm's, with a smooth and lower exhaust tone i used to without the chip

No CEL too as i asked, mk3 car now with an I3 ecu, everything went better than i expected

Just a small note for anyone installing this chip or really any chip, make sure to adjust the timing after installing the chip since the chip for its own advances timing a little, i noticed it because my car was pulling really hard at low rpms (not used to), and at high rpms wasnt much better than before, so i ended up retarding it until i found the perfect spot

Thanks once again